Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
Sports Quotes -- Our Top 10 List of Favorites...
With so many famous sports quotes to choose from, you could spend weeks on them -- weeks that, let's face it, could be better spent elsewhere. Never fear!
All you have to do is browse this list of winning sports quotes and your task (whatever it may be) will be complete.
If it's motivational sports quotes you're after, they don't get much better than Michael Jordan: "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Of course, there are plenty of funny sports quotes, too -- and sometimes, they inspire as well as any other. One of my favorites is Shug Jordan's famous reminder: "Always remember Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David."
From inspiring sports quotes to funny jibes, the world of athletics just seems to have it all. So look around and enjoy reading these best of the best sports quotes in our..
Top 10 List of Favorite Sports Quotes:
- Favorite Sports Quotes #1
- I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
- Favorite Sports Quotes #2
- Winning has always meant much to me, but winning friends has meant the most.
Babe Didrikson Zaharias, US Women's Golfer
- Favorite Sports Quotes #3
- I can tell you one thing. I've done this my way. I don't have anybody to blame for this win but me, and I love it.
John Daly, American Golfer
- Favorite Sports Quotes #4
- For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.
Emmitt Smith, American Football Player
- Favorite Sports Quotes #5
- No one knows what to say in the loser's locker room.
Muhammad Ali, American Boxer
- Favorite Sports Quotes #6
- It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
Hank Aaron, American Baseball Player
- Favorite Sports Quotes #7
- When you lose a couple of times, it makes you realize how difficult it is to win.
Steffi Graf, German Tennis Player
- Favorite Sports Quotes #8
- When you lose a couple of times, it makes you realize how difficult it is to win.If you can react the same way to winning and losing, that's a big accomplishment... quality is important because it stays with you the rest of your life, and there's going to be a life after tennis that's a lot longer than your tennis life.
Chris Evert Lloyd
- Favorite Sports Quotes #9
- Every kid around the world who plays soccer wants to be Pele. I have a great responsibility to show them not just how to be like a soccer player, but how to be like a man.
- Favorite Sports Quotes #10
- Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust.