Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
The Sports Quote... The Best of the Best
You just can't go wrong with sports quotes. They range from the inspirational to the absurd; the silly to the profound. But no matter what you're looking for, there's sure to be a quote for you on this page.
Speaking of inspirational sports quotes, did you know that Billie Jean King always says that "champions keep playing until they get it right?" What better words to inspire a team after a harsh defeat?
There are so many fantastic sporting quotes you'll find it hard to limit yourself to just one -- so why bother? As Casey Stengal said, "most games are lost, not won." Trust yourself to put together the quote -- or quotes, as the case may be -- that will work for you.
And these great sports quotes will certainly give you plenty to choose from. From quirky observations on life to amazing sports leadership quotes, there just seems to be something for everyone.
Funny how something as simple as sports quotes can touch strangers across the world!
You'll discover just the right sports quote you're looking for in our...
Top 10 List of Favorite Sports Quotes:
- Favorite Sports Quote #1
- Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
- Favorite Sports Quote #2
- Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Muhammad Ali, American Boxer
- Favorite Sports Quote #3
- When I step onto the court, I don't have to think about anything. If I have a problem off the court, I find that after I play, my mind is clearer and I can come up with a better solution. It's like therapy. It relaxes me and allows me to solve problems.
- Favorite Sports Quote #4
- My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you'll win... channel your energy. Focus.
- Favorite Sports Quote #5
- My dad has always taught me these words: care and share. That's why we put on clinics. The only thing I can do is try to give back. If it works, it works.
- Favorite Sports Quote #6
- I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
- Favorite Sports Quote #7
- Whoever said, 'It's not whether you win or lose that counts,' probably lost.
Martina Navratilova, American Tennis Player
- Favorite Sports Quote #8
- Champions keep playing until they get it right.
Billie Jean King
- Favorite Sports Quote #9
- I'll let the racket do the talking.
- Favorite Sports Quote #10
- When I go out on the ice, I just think about my skating. I forget it is a competition.