Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
Sad Love Quotes...
Love can sometimes hurt, and these sad love quotes bring that truth home. Why would anyone ever be interested in sad quotes about love?
Because even though they're sad, these poignant and powerful words express deep truths in our hearts.
And strangely enough, sad love quotes can be happy, too. For example, consider Washington Irving's powerful statement: "Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart." This can provide a tender inspiration for those suffering romantic pain.
There are many famous sad love quotes, and you'll find yourself smiling in sympathy as you browse them. You might even find yourself laughing along with Charlie Brown, who argues that "nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." And we all know that healing begins with laughter.
So whether you're feeling blue or just want to share some deep thoughts, explore these sad love quotes and let them work their magic.
Let the poignancy of sad love quotes put words to your emotional roller coaster in our...
Top 10 List of Favorite Sad Love Quotes:
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #1
- Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #2
- It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #3
- Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #4
- Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #5
- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #6
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #7
- The hottest love has the coldest end.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #8
- There is love of course. And then there's life, its enemy.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #9
- If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
- Favorite Sad Love Quotes #10
- I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.