Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
Patriotic Quotes -- Our Top 10 List of Favorites...
You won't find better patriotism quotes in the country than what we've assembled right here.
In fact, it just might be your patriotic duty to read these words, commit them to memory (or at least to heart), and share them with friends, neighbors, and family alike.
When I consider patriotism, I always remember the passionate words of Adlai Stevenson: "Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime." Like so many famous patriotic quotes, these are not only a thoughtful reflection on a country but words to live by.
No matter what your style of patriotism -- whether it's strong and unwavering or questioning but solid -- you'll find something here to strengthen and uplift you. After all, as Max Lerner said, "America is a passionate idea or it is nothing. America is a human brotherhood or it is chaos."
Patriotism is about more than a country; it is a passionate lifestyle of love and inspiration. These patriotism quotes will give you the words you need to live and love on.
Find just the right patriotic quote to inspire and motivate you in our...
Top 10 List of Patriotic Quotes:
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #1
- ... ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #2
- A politician will do anything to keep his job -- even become a patriot.
William Randolph Hearst
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #3
- Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #4
- Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #5
- I think patriotism is like charity -- it begins at home.
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #6
- A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
George William Curtis
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #7
- A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world.
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #8
- Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
George Bernard Shaw
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #9
- Breathes there the man with soul so dead, Who never to himself hath said, This is my own, my native land.
- Favorite Patriotic Quotes #10
- A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.
Henry Ward Beecher