Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
The Music Quote...
Looking for a great music quote to add to the soundtrack of your life? Are you working on a musical project and need that perfect quote to make it complete?
As Jean Paul Friedrich Richter once said, "Music is the poetry of the air." We completely agree. And we've got a great selection of all the best music quotes right here!
We have funny music quotes like from the great comedian Bill Cosby, "Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes."
And we have inspirational music quotes like, "My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." ~Edward Elgar
We can help you find just the music quote you're searching for -- as well as other great famous music quotes in our...
Top 10 List of Music Quotes:
- Favorite Music Quote #1
- Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
- Favorite Music Quote #2
- After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
- Favorite Music Quote #3
- Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.
Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Favorite Music Quote #4
- Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water-bath is to the body.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Favorite Music Quote #5
- If music be the food of love, play on.
Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
- Favorite Music Quote #6
- Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter.
- Favorite Music Quote #7
- I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us.
- Favorite Music Quote #8
- Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.
- Favorite Music Quote #9
- For the introduction of a new kind of music must be shunned as imperiling the whole state; since styles of music are never disturbed without affecting the most important political institutions.
- Favorite Music Quote #10
- Without music, life would be an error. The German imagines even God singing songs.