Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
Love music, all things music... quotations, lyrics, melodies, harmonies?
If you're a music fan and aren't sure how quotations about music fits in with your fandom we're here to show you that, like chocolate and peanut butter, some things are just meant to go together.
Music is more than just notes and melodies. As Artur Schnabel once said, "The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes -- ah, that is where the art resides."
There's that certain something, the creative genius behind the songs and pieces we love. And if you've ever struggled to explain why you so love a song you do, these famous music quotations will help you explain.
The French call it je ne sais quoi. Aldous Hukley explained, "After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
Or, as Albert Camus said, "Truly fertile music, the only kind that will move us, that we shall truly appreciate, will be a music conducive to dream, which banishes all reason and analysis. One must not wish first to understand and then to feel. Art does not tolerate reason."
Whatever your musical passion, there exists a music quotation to better explain it. You can find many more famous music quotations in our...
Top 10 List of Famous Music Quotes:
- Favorite Music Quotations #1
- All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song.
- Favorite Music Quotations #2
- Give me a laundry list and I'll set it to music.
Gioacchino Antonio Rossini
- Favorite Music Quotations #3
- I was a veteran before I was a teenager.
- Favorite Music Quotations #4
- Like a boxer in a title fight, you have to walk in that ring alone.
- Favorite Music Quotations #5
- Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip.
- Favorite Music Quotations #6
- Music is spiritual. The music business is not.
- Favorite Music Quotations #7
- Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth.
Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Favorite Music Quotations #8
- The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes -- ah, that is where the art resides.
- Favorite Music Quotations #9
- A good composer does not imitate; he steals.
- Favorite Music Quotations #10
- All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.