Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
Mark Twain Quotes -- Our Top 10 List of Favorites...
Mark Twain quotes are as famous as the man himself. Born Samuel Clemens in 1835, Mark Twain grew up to become a newspaper reporter and famous writer.
His time as a riverboat pilot led to his pen name --"mark twain" means the water is safe to navigate.
Twain was, and still is, known for his wit and humor. He was both caustic and optimistic, and always insightful. For example, words such as "A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation" are good ones to always keep in the back of your mind.
He was a sought-after speaker and a much-published writer. There are many famous quotes by Mark Twain, perhaps none as famous as the purported "The news of my demise are greatly exaggerated."
If you're looking for a Mark Twain inspirational quote, this one's a great one: "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
There's just something about Twain's words that keep people wanting more. Don't fret - we've got ten more great Mark Twain quotes for you right here in our..
Top 10 List of Favorite Mark Twain Quotes:
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #1
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #2
- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #3
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #4
- Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #5
- If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #6
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of fear.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #7
- The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #8
- I am different from [George] Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I won't.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #9
- Classic -- a book which people praise and don't read.
- Favorite Mark Twain Quotes #10
- It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.