Looking for the Best Famous Quotes?
The Graduation Quote -- Another Top 10 List of Favorites...
Looking for a graduation quote to bring a twinkle to a student's eyes? These famous graduation quotes are perfect for convocation speeches, congratulatory cards, and even clever emails -- any way you want to share with your favorite grad.
You could offer keen advice in the form of funny graduation quotes -- like these words from Gary Bolding: "Your families are extremely proud of you. You can't imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money."
We also have tons of inspirational quotes for graduation.
Remind people starting out that "the fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match, each one of you is a fuse" (Ed Koch).
There are many famous graduation quotes to make graduates laugh, think, and dream, but the most memorable graduation quotes are those that inspire and change a life.
You'll find the perfect graduation quote for your graduate, be it kindergarten or college (and beyond) in our...
Top 10 List of Favorite Graduation Quotes:
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #1
- Commencement speeches were invented largely in the belief that outgoing college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #2
- A professor is someone who talks in someone else's sleep.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #3
- The trouble with learning from experience is that you never graduate.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #4
- Study hard, and you might grow up to be President. But let's face it: Even then, you'll never make as much money as your dog.
George Bush, (41st US president in a speech in 1992, to graduates after learning Millie, his dog, made $889,176 in book royalties.)
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #5
- It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our school days.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #6
- There is a good reason they call these ceremonies "commencement exercises." Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #7
- ...Yes, the lectures are optional. Graduation is also optional.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #8
- Your families are extremely proud of you. You can't imagine the sense of relief they are experiencing. This would be a most opportune time to ask for money.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #9
- The advantage of a classical education is that it enables you to despise the wealth that it prevents you from achieving.
- Favorite Humorous Graduation Quote #10
- Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: A modern school where football is taught.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Did you miss our first graduation quote list? If so, or if you'd like to find quotes for other special occasions, click here for additional Top 10 graduation quote lists, as well as lists for other special occasions.